- Where is the Model, View and Controller folder? (Generally, framework use MVC architecture concept. And developer need to know those 3 main folders to write their code)
- Where is the configuration files?
- What are its features, process and architecture (https://laravel.com)
What is MVC stand for?
- M (Model) : for representing database tables and its relationship. So if you want to do any action with table in the database, you can do it with Model instead.
- V (View): for showing data on the screen for user to interact with
- C (Controller): for coding of all processes in the system. Ex: validate data, insert, delete, update, read
Below are the files and folder that we usually use in Laravel framework
suppose that this is the root folder of your project C:\wamp\www\test_laravel
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\composer.json is used to manage the dependencies of the package. This means that Composer will pull in all the required libraries, dependencies and manage them all in one place. (The meaning is the same to Linux yum repository). Note: after you change some content in this file, you have to go to command prompt (CMD) and go to current working folder (C:\wamp\www\test_laravel), then type composer update
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\app\Http\routes.php is the only one front door which can allow access to the system.
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\.env is a global parameters file. We can use all parameters declare in this file for the whole project.
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\config store all configuration files of Laravel framework
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\app store your model files
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\resources\views store all your view files
- C:\wamp\www\test_laravel\app\Http\Controllers store all your controller files